We are running out of time, act now before it’s too late.
Starting today, make a change and you can help save the world.
Simple things DO make a difference.
I don’t have time just now but tomorrow I am going to finish/post an article relating to this.
For now, 20 ways to go green at home and work…
1. Switch to LED lighting.
2. Shut down all electronics at the end of each day.
3. Turn down the air conditioning.
4. Disable hot water heaters in water dispensers.
5. Replace all-purpose cleaning sprays with eco-friendly alternatives.
6. Start recycling light bulbs, batteries and e-waste.
7. Install ceiling fans instead of air conditioners.
8. Draw curtains in sunny rooms to keep the heat out during the day.
9. Rinse clothes with cold water to lessen energy usage.
10. Dry clothes by hanging rather than the dryer which is the third largest energy user at home.
11. Use smaller trash bins. Studies have shown that reducing the size of garbage bins can dramatically reduce the amount of waste that is thrown out — in some cases by up to 50%.
12. Eliminate the use of disposable plastic cups.
13. Use compact fluorescent bulbs, which use less energy.
14. Switch to office paper produced from 75% recycled material and 25% sustainable tree plantations.
15. Bring plants to the office.
16. Carry a cotton sac to lessen the use of plastic bags.
17. Purchase hybrid or fuel-efficient vehicles.
18. Have paperless meetings by projecting documents on an LCD screen.
19. Go to work via walking, biking, or carpool.
20. Send employees e-mails on how to go green on a regular basis to gradually change their behavior
1 year ago 13 notes environmentalism environment global warming climate change climate crisis